[Qgis-user] Problem when merging polygon/line features in database tables (PostgreSQL, Geopackage)

burghardt.scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de burghardt.scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de
Thu Dec 1 01:13:17 PST 2022

Hello together,

in a line/polygon layer I want to merge two adjacent features. The geometries are in a PostgreSQL table and / or in a Geopackage table. There exists an auto-increment primary key field "id". In the QGIS "Identify feature", the "id" field should not be displayed to QGIS users. In the layer properties the "Widget Type" is set to "hidden" for this purpose. If I now merge both features, the feature is immediately deleted after saving in the PostgreSQL table without prompting! However, if I merge the features in the geopackage table, the saving fails with the following error message:

Could not commit changes to layer "test_area (gpkg)"

Errors: ERROR: one geometry not changed.

  Provider errors:
      OGR error changing geometry: feature 0 not found

If I change the "Widget Type" back to "Range" the merging works fine (PostgreSQL + Geopackage). Especially the behavior with PostgreSQL tables is not really acceptable. This behavior occurs with QGIS 3.22.12/13 and 3.28.1 (OS Version Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04). For my tests I used a new QGIS profile.
Before I write a bug report, I would like to ask here if someone has similar problems or knows a solution.

Regards
Burghardt

STADT WOLFSBURG
REFERAT DATEN, STRATEGIEN, STADTENTWICKLUNG
21-2 Geoinformation und Geodatenanalyse

Tel +49 5361 28-2531 | Fax +49 5361 28-1765
Rathaus E, Zi. E 313 | Porschestraße 47A | D-38440 Wolfsburg
burghardt.scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de