[Qgis-user] Unable to open some LISTdata open data ESRI File Geodatabases

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Dec 15 15:18:14 PST 2022

Hi Peter,

yes I confirm this dataset is a raster gdb. I can sort-of open it with
my QGIS + GDAL master build using the OpenFileGDB driver, but you'll see
the raster tables in a raw unusable way. For example layers like
fras_blk_NCH_ES_WATER_LOGGING_HAZARD which contains the tiles as
compressed data in a BLOB column.

You could try the https://github.com/r-barnes/ArcRasterRescue utility to
convert into GeoTIFF

You could also kindly or not kindly suggest your administration to not
use proprietary formats for open data whereas thereare so many open
alternatives, like GeoTIFF...

Small "advertizing": for those interesting, there's a funding
opportunity to develop a GDAL open source raster driver to be able to
read filegdb rasters that QGIS could use to open directly such files.
Contact me off-list if interested.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com