[Qgis-user] How to build qgis

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 19 23:56:12 PST 2022

Hi Deimer,

You did not provide very much information :-)

But from your second link I concluded that you are building on Windows x?

Not so many Windows users (OR developers) build QGIS their selves (me included) on their own machines. On Linux it is a lot easier as the most lib will be provided by your distro. On Windows it is (for what I know) best to stick to the Osgeo4w packages.
Note that building a complex beast as QGIS (+needed modules/libs) isn't easy, so unless you have experience or really want to build experience,  I think it is best to try to compile the same way as the Windows packagers do

IF you need help on Win builds, it is better to sent an email to the Qgis-dev list AND provide more information (what tools are you using, what errors do you see, what Windows version etc etc)...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde