[Qgis-user] Newbie: Cannot locate exercise_data folder

Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV epicroadtrips at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 07:44:07 PST 2022

Greetings,
I have not used a GIS program for years. Previously I used ArcGIS 3.2

I am trying to learn the basics by loading some data following the
instructions here:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/training_manual/foreword/intro.html#data-downloadlink

I hit a snag immediately. See the last line below.
I have no "exercise_data folder".
What do I do now.
Thanks.
-Mike
=====
1.2.3. Data
The sample data that accompanies this resource is freely available and
comes from the following sources:
Streets and Places datasets from OpenStreetMap
(https://www.openstreetmap.org/)
Property boundaries (urban and rural), water bodies from NGI
(http://www.ngi.gov.za/)
SRTM DEM from the CGIAR-CGI (http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/)

Download the prepared dataset from the Training data repository and
unzip the file. All the necessary data are provided in the exercise_data
folder.

--
Mike Breiding
www.EpicRoadTrips.us