[Qgis-user] Qgis-Qfield form field value list relation

Zvara Gábor gaborzvara at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:44:50 PST 2022

Dear all,

I would like to set up a handy form for a point layer to use in Qfield.
The goal is to collect protected species occurrence during field
sessions. I want to collect data of different living being (birds,
mammals, plants, insects, reptiles, amphibians, funghi, lichens)  And
also, I have separate lists for each "group" listed above, containing
the full list of species (two columns, hungarian name and scientific name).

I have two attributes (amongst others, but they are not relevant). One
is the "group", the other is the "species name". I want the form, to
filter "species list" based on the values selected in the "group". For
example, if I select 'mammals' from "group", the "species list" would
list only the mammals. Otherwise, if I do not choose any value from the
"group", the "species list" would list me all species from all groups.

-I want both attribute to be a dropdown list.

-I want the species list attribute to be searchable, and completer (Use
completer function, I know, but don't know if the whole thing could work
together.

I suppose I will have to merge the separate species lists, and add a
third column containing the group type (mammals, birds...etc.)

So please, help me out on this. :)

Thanks a lot, looking forward for all your kind help.

Cheers,

Zvara