[Qgis-user] “Merge Shapefiles to One"?

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Mon Feb 7 01:52:48 PST 2022

> Richard Weinmeyer
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org&q=from:%22Richard+Weinmeyer%22>Sun,
> 06 Feb 2022 22:06:07 -0800
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org&q=date:20220206>
>
> I am using QGIS
> 3.22.3-Białowieża in Mac OS Monterey.
> Question: I’m learning how to combine shapefiles, and every guide I’ve looked
> at says to go to Vector —> Data Management Tools —> Merge Shapefiles to One.
> However, there is no “Merge Shapefiles to One” option. Has this feature been
> renamed or removed? Are there other ways to merge shapefiles?

Hi Rick,
AFAIK the "Merge Shapefiles to One" tool was part of the "fTools" plugin.
The "fTools" plugin was removed from QGIS since version 2.16 (about six
years ago) and replaced with the "Processing" core plugin. So I think
you are probably reading very old docs.

You could use the "Merge vector layers" native Processing tool, instead.
See
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectorgeneral.html#merge-vector-layers

Regards.

Andrea