[Qgis-user] Installing downloaded plugins

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Feb 8 07:28:31 PST 2022

>       I read this:
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/training_manual/qgis_plugins/fetching_plugins.html
> 10.1. Lesson: Installing and Managing Plugins
>       I do not see where it explains how to install a downloaded plugin.<br>

Hi Mike,
you are reading (an old version of) the "Training manual", which
contains some examples and exercises.

You will find the description of every part of the GUI and of each tool
of QGIS in the "User Guide/Manual", which is easily also accessible by
clicking on the "Help" button in each QGIS window or at
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/

Anyway, in order to install a plugin from the zip file you have
downloaded, you just need to click on the "Install from ZIP" tab in the
"Manage and Install Plugin" window and then select the zip file and
click on "Install Plugin".
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/plugins/plugins.html

Regards.

Andrea