[Qgis-user] Installing downloaded plugins

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Feb 8 13:25:39 PST 2022

Il 08/02/2022 21:49, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV ha scritto:
> QGIS version
>

> 3.22.3-Białowieża
>

> QGIS code revision
>

> 1628765ec7 <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/1628765ec7>
>
> I installed QGIS about a week ago and I am running Win 7 Pro.

QGIS 3.22.3 is available on Windows via the OSGeo4W installers v2/msi
which also install Python 3.9.

As noted in the download page of the QGIS Web site [1] ("CAUTION:
Windows 7 no longer works as we are now using Python 3.9, which dropped
support for it."), Python 3.9 doesn't support Windows 7, so each piece
of QGIS that needs Python to work will not work.

The Plugin Manager needs Python for most of its functionalities and the
non core plugins are written in Python, so it is not possible to install
and use any Python plugin with QGIS 3.22 on Windows 7.
Moreover, the Processing plugin does not work without the Python
support, so you cannot use any geoprocessing tool.

AFAIK, if you need to use QGIS on Windows 7, you could use QGIS 3.16.16
installing it via the old OSGeo4W Network Installer (v1) or the OSGeo4W
Standalone Installer (.exe).

Regards.

Andrea

[1] https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html