[Qgis-user] Center line of an elongated BASIN

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:40:04 PST 2022

Allan and list,

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 2:57 PM Allan López <allosa01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All, I need to calculate and display the center line of an elongated
> river basin ( not the center of the main river trunk) from a SHP.

Maybe a bit more info?

Does your basin have a defined exit point (maybe the point where the main
river trunk exits the basin)?  Does it have a defined anti-exit point
(maybe the closest point on the basin boundary to the furthest upstream
point of a watercourse in the basin; or maybe the closest point on the
boundary to the furthest upstream point of the main river trunk)?

By "center line" are you expecting a line that is equidistant from the
intersection between the basin boundary and a line "orthogonal" to the
"center line" at each point?  Or does it just have to connect the exit and
the anti-exit and not cross the basin boundary between those points?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.