[Qgis-user] Raster calculation: if Layer1 is > 1, then Layer2 should be 0

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 12:19:12 PST 2022

Hi folk,

I hardly never work with raster calculations, and unfortunately there is
nowhere a collection of syntax examples for different use cases to be
found (documentation :( ).

Anything apart from +-*/ is beyond my scope.

So,

I made a viewshed analysis over a digital surface model (try the awesome
Visibility Analysis plugin form Zoran Čučković and buy him a beer!)

A lot of "views" are caught by tree canopy, but I am only interest in
the flat grounds.

So I substracted the surface model layer from the ground model layer,
and this is Layer 1.

Giving a threshold of 1 meters difference for inaccuracities, all pixels
in this layer above 1 should result in 0 (zero) in my viewshed raster
(Layer 2)

Please give me some hints,

Cheers,

Bernd