[Qgis-user] Help Ukraine, Boycott Russia

landconsult at freenet.de landconsult at freenet.de
Thu Feb 24 01:04:13 PST 2022

Dear List,

like all free people in the world I totally condemn the Russian invasion
in Ukraine this morning. This is an attack on the free world and
especially on Europe and on all values of freedom which we all represent
in a global, peaceful open source community.

- So, what can each individual do to defend this freedom?
- What can the QGIS community do?
- How can we be sure, that the know-how we develop will not be used for
Russian military purposes against the Ukraine?

The invasion was confirmed by the Duma, the Russian parliament which is
the representative body of the Russian people. Consequently the Russian
population bears responsibility for the invasion and we should led them
know, that military force against an independent, free and democratic
European country goes against all the values ​​we stand for in the open
source community.

The least we can do is starting to think about a boycott of Russian
products and Russian co-operations to express our opinion to all Russian
companies and partners we know. Finally its up to the ordinary Russian
man to change this unbearable situation which is becoming a permanent
threat to free Europe.

With this respect the QGIS developer community should also think about
excluding Russian partners and sponsors from all QGIS activities as long
as Russian troops are in the Ukraine.

I think, the values of freedom we stand for, is the highest good we must
defend!

How do you think about it?

Very concerned greeting.

Markus Weidenbach