[Qgis-user] Help Ukraine, Boycott Russia

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Fri Feb 25 08:48:35 PST 2022

Good points, Jürgen!

On 25.02.2022 17:18, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Anyway, I also think it's better to make a statement than to exclude people
> from using QGIS (if we were even able to do so reliably).    Maybe even
> something on our news feed

I agree that making a statement on the news feed is likely more
impactful than forcing users or contributors with Russian IPs to use a VPN.

News items are displayed on every QGIS startup (if machines are online)
while other messages would only be viewed by people visiting the website.

Regards,

Anita