[Qgis-user] Interpolation of a geometry

Asim al-sofi asim56 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 05:52:13 PST 2022

Dear all,
I am asking for help with interpolating a geometry.
I have a geometry say "*geom*" and want to add new points to it at fixed
distances, say "*distance*".
Using the method "interpolate" i.e., *geom*.interpolate(*distance*) returns
only points at the interpolated distance(s), meaning the geometry points
between the interpolated points are unknown.
Is there a method to insert the interpolated points into the *geom*(of
course at the right positions)?
With other words, how to create a new geometry that contains the points of
the old geometry and the interpolated points?

Kind regards,
Asim