[Qgis-user] Readonly gpkg

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 12 06:34:31 PST 2022

> So it looks like qgis is also resetting the mode to delete, or perhaps
> GDAL is doing that.   I haven't found that in the sources so far.

Both attempt at doing this:

- QGIS at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/core/providers/ogr/qgsogrproviderutils.cpp#L1172
to #L1230 when it closes the last connection instance of a GPKG file

- and OGR too :
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/sqlite/ogrsqlitedatasource.cpp#L367

Probably the most reasonable & simple change for QGIS would be turn WAL
only when QGIS update mode is turned on. Would require testing that
deadlocks don't occur with existing readers prior to turning WAL on (or
accept that risk...)

http://www.spatialys.com