[Qgis-user] loading geologic symbol library

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Jan 13 04:32:29 PST 2022

Hi Benoit,

I just tried to import the symbols from the page you mentioned which
leads to this repository: https://github.com/BC-Consulting/FGDC-4-QGIS/

Now, even with all explanations given, the import seems not to work
properly.

no matter what path I add for the FDGC folder (just the .../FDGC or the
.../FDGC/svg path) , on import, it says, that

- the symbols are already there and gives the option to overwrite or skip,

- the option to add comma-separted tags (e.g. Geology) does not work,
and no tag at all is given

- all symbols are just question marks

Are those guidelines just precisely unprecise, or am I just to dumb to
understand whats asked from me?

Cheers

Bernd