[Qgis-user] plugin issue

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sat Jan 29 07:38:35 PST 2022

Il 29/01/2022 15:44, froso tsartinoglou ha scritto:
> I have downloaded the 3.16.14 version QGIS and the visualist version
> iw 0.6

> The error every time I try to run it is:

> File
> "C:\Users/froso/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\FROSO/python/plugins\visualist\pysal\lib\io\util\shapefile.py",
> line 155, in _unpackDict2
>
> result.fromstring(fileObj.read(result.itemsize * n)) AttributeError:
> 'array.array' object has no attribute 'fromstring'
>
> Execution failed after 0.04 seconds

Hi Froso,
has written before, if you are using MS Windows OS, it may be useful to
specify what installer have you used to install QGIS.

Anyway, looking at the error message, I guess you used the new OSGeo4W
.msi Standalone Installer or the new (v2) Network Installer.

In this case the error is due to the fact that the new (msi/v2)
installers for QGIS 3.16 ship Python 3.9 (while the old exe/v1
installers ship Python 3.7).

The version 0.6 of the plugin doesn't work correctly with Python 3.9
(while it should work with Python 3.7) because the array.array
fromstring() method has been removed in Python 3.9.

If you need to use the version 0.6 of the plugin with QGIS 3.16 on
Windows, you need to install QGIS 3.16 using the old .exe Standalone
Installer or the old v1 Network Installer.

Otherwise you could install QGIS 3.22 (which is only available via the
new OSGeo4W msi/v2 installers) and use the version 0.7 of the plugin,
which should work with Python 3.9.

Best regards.

Andrea