[Qgis-user] Raster map generation problem

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Fri Jul 1 23:25:54 PDT 2022

> *Juan Rafael Suárez*
> /Fri Jul 1 16:24:41 PDT 2022/
> Like output I selected pixels
> For horizontal and vertical resolution I selected 1.00. It is a small area.

Hi Juan Rafael,
I suggest you to read the description of the "Rasterize (vector to
raster)" algorithm [1].

If you select "Pixels" as "Output raster size units", then the following
parameters "Width/Horizontal resolution" and "Height/Vertical
resolution" are intended as width and height (in pixels) of the output
raster, not as resolution.

Anyway, the algorithm log shows that the value entered for the width and
height parameters was 0, and not 1. So the output raster would be a 0x0
raster and thus the underling GDAL rasterize tool failed [2]:
***
Input parameters:
{..., 'HEIGHT' : 0, ..., 'UNITS' : 0, 'WIDTH' : 0 }
GDAL command:
gdal_rasterize ... -ts 0.0 0.0 ...
GDAL command output:
ERROR 1: Wrong value for -ts parameter.
***

> By the way, when I am typing for some fields the system show
> weird characters, not the common alphabet.
> I am attaching the log I received. I will deeply appreciate it, if
> someone may help me.

It seems to me the log doesn't show any weird character.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea

[1]
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/gdal/vectorconversion.html#gdalrasterize