[Qgis-user] Issues with dependencies for Ubuntu 22.04

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:57:17 PDT 2022

Vicente and list,

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 7:37 AM vicentesmith via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to install QGIS  in a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 system. Before
> building QGIS, I'm installing the dependencies from
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL.md#33-install-build-dependencies
> for jammy. At some point during the process, the system asked which
> services to restart so I left the default ones (packagekit, palkit,
> rsyslog, ssh, systemd-journal, systemd-manager, systemd-networkd,
> systemd-resolved). Everything seemed OK at the end but rebooting the system
> froze everything and I cannot even log in.
> NOTE: I also tried using apt to install QGIS directly. This time, there
> was no problem but it installed v3.22.4.
> Thanks.
>
> For what it's worth, I'm running QGIS 3.26.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 without
problems on two different machines.  On the one I'm working on now, I have
a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d called
archive_uri-https_qgis_org_ubuntu-jammy.list with the line

deb [arch=amd64] https://qgis.org/ubuntu jammy main

in it.  I did not need to compile QGIS nor any other complicated thing.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.