[Qgis-user] (no subject)

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 07:52:26 PDT 2022

Takunda Chitambura and list,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022, 07:16 takunda chitambure via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Im trying to combine my csv file with my shapefile but the resultant
> attribute table is showing the joint attributes with null values what could
> be the problem

Probably when you imported your . CSV you did not define the types of the
columns, especially the join column, so that the column in the .SHP is say
integer and the matching column is string.

If that's the case, you can either reimport your .CSV taking care to define
the types of the columns or you can add a new column of the appropriate
type (e.g. integer) and use the field calculator to convert the join column
into it, then redo the join on the new column.

Chris