[Qgis-user] Filtering layer or selected features by attributes does not work for new added features in QGIS 3.22.8

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sat Jul 23 03:29:12 PDT 2022

Hi Marian,
I advise you, for the future, to avoid sending e-mail messages to a
mailing list user personal e-mail address (unless requested) and instead
please always prefer to send the message/replay to the mailing list
e-mail address. Moreover, better to avoid attach big files to an e-mail
message (better to specify a link to an online resource).

Looking at the provided ESRI Shapefile layer, it seems to me the issue
is due to the fact that in addition to the typical ESRI Shapefile files
(.shp, .shx, .dbf, .prj, ...) are also present the non standard .idm and
.ind files which contain the "attribute indexes as a mapinfo format
index" [1].

If you remove such .idm and and .ind files, then the issue will not
occur with your ESRI Shapefile layer.

What I suppose is that while QGIS, using the GDAL/OGR library, can use
such non standard .idm and .ind files for attribute indexes, it (or the
GDAL/OGR library) fails to properly update such attribute indexes files
when a new feature is added to the layer. You can check this just
looking at such files modification time in you file system when a new
feature is added to the layer: such files are not modified.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea

[1]
https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/shapefile.html#spatial-and-attribute-indexing