[Qgis-user] Filtering layer or selected features by attributes does not work for new added features in QGIS 3.22.8

Tudorache, Marian Marian.Tudorache at navcanada.ca
Mon Jul 25 07:12:25 PDT 2022

Hi Andrea,

I asked permission to share these coverage files with you and the company cannot do this because the data belongs to ESRI and we are only the users of the data.
But I removed these files .idm and and .ind and everything is fine.
Thank you.

I have one more observation.
When I converted the data from coverage to shapefile using QGIS2.18 the geometries were simple parts. For example to extract the points from an arc layer I had to use arc.geometry().asPolyline()
The shapefiles were under a QGIS project (.qgs).
When I open the QGIS project created with QGIS2.18 I got a message which notify me the project is an old version of QGIS and some conversion was done.

When I ran some algorithm which tried to arc.geometry().asPolyline() I got this error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/code.py", line 90, in runcode
    exec(code, self.locals)
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: MultiLineString geometry cannot be converted to a polyline. Only single line or curve types are permitted.

So when I open QGIS 2.18 project something happened with the data and was transformed from LineString to MultiLineString.
Is this normal behaviour for QGIS 3 to convert the geometry type from single part to multiple parts?
Is any method to supress this transformation?

Thank you,
Marian