[Qgis-user] DB manager PostGIS import fails for strange reason

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at giskraft.se
Tue Jul 26 02:31:29 PDT 2022

Hi!

This regards QGIS version 3.26.0-Buenos Aires.

Attempting to import a gpkg poly layer to PostGIS I get this unexpected
error.

*Error 6*

*Feature write errors:*

*Creation error for features from #-9223372036854775808 to
#-9223372036854775808. Provider errors was: *

*PostGIS error while adding features: ERROR: Geometry type (MultiPolygon)
does not match column type (Polygon)*

*Only 0 of 179 features written.*

There is no option to set geometry type in the import settings, and a
MultiPolygon table should anyway be able to accept single polygons.

A corresponding gpkg point table from the same source can be imported
without problem.

I normally use FME to load PostGIS data, else I would probably have come
across this sooner.

--

*GisKraft*, Geodatakonsult

Mats Elfström, Marsvinsholms stationsväg 80, 271 93 Ystad, Sweden
tel: +46 70 595 39 35 / www.giskraft.se