[Qgis-user] Convert huge shapefile to small size

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:05:08 PDT 2022

Scott and list,

With respect I think this conversation is moving off the point, which was
related to a 5gb shapefile

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapefile

Which is beyond the design limits of the Shapefile standards and perhaps
therefore the source of the problem that the OP has.

Notably not a limitation of QGIS