[Qgis-user] WG: Convert huge shapefile to small size

Reetz, Michael (NLPV) Michael.Reetz at nlpvw.niedersachsen.de
Fri Jul 29 03:46:34 PDT 2022

Hi,

maybe I'm wrong, but isn't the maximum file size for the dbf format 2 GB? Obviously it is possible to put more data in it (with ESRI software ?), but this may lead to problems if the file is used with other software.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Reetz

Michael Reetz
Datenbanken und Anwendungsentwicklung
Nationalpark-Verwaltung Niedersächsisches Wattenmeer Virchowstr. 1 | 26382 Wilhelmshaven
Tel.: +49 (0) 4421 911 291
e-mail: michael.reetz at nlpvw.niedersachsen.de