[Qgis-user] PyQGIS from non-bundled Python install?

Andrew Hughes ahhughes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 18:55:01 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Q: Is it possible to have a system/native python install work with PyQGIS?

Finer Details: I am working with Azure Functions. Their base
(container/docker) image includes a python install. I can provide a custom
docker image, thus I can set system paths and run all the instructions as
per this https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu
so that QGIS is installed on the container. But, I doubt my (function) app
can be configured to run a-top of the QGIS python install that is bundled
with QGIS.

Also, I don't know if conda is an option - would prefer to assume not at
this point in time as that doesn't align with local development tooling
that is based on venv.

Things I am hoping to see:
Yes - but you need to set a PATH.... or PYTHONPATH....
Yes - but need to see ..... in requirements.txt
No - impossible, fill your boots....

Thanks for reading
Andrew