[Qgis-user] most efficient way to digitize polygons

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 08:33:33 PDT 2022

Byron and list,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 8:26 AM Firstname Lastname via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> i am a qgis newby and i am beginning a large project that involves
> digitizing several geology maps.  i am trying to determine the best way to
> manage the digitizing and avoid extra work.
> my question to the group is:  If i have several coloured polygons that are
> adjacent to each other, is there an efficient way to digitize one polygon
> and then use one edge of that polygon for the adjacent polygon so that i
> dont have to redigitize the same edge twice and so that i will have
> precisely overrlapping polys with no gaps?  should i digitize one polygon,
> export and rename it?  can i digitize one have of the next polygon and
> somehow merge it with the now re-imported polygon?
> is there a more efficient way to do this?
>
> You may wish to read one or more of the available tutorials on the topic
of digitizing in QGIS.

For example, this one:

https://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/3/digitizing_basics.html

where you would pay particular attention to steps 22 through 26 where
snapping new polygons to existing ones is demonstrated.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.