[Qgis-user] Using OS Raster Data in QGIS

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 14:26:36 PDT 2022

Generic rules for raster image files is there will be at least two or
three files for each tile:

* The raster itself

* The world file which has a similar extension usually ending with a W
e.g. JGW for a JPEG tile

* One or more XML files

The world file contains the coordinates and pixel size information, the
XML file(s) will contain the CRS information.

If these files are missing Qgis will display a ? at the end of the file
name when attempting to load it.

You can set the CRS in Qgis to compensate for a missing XML file CRS,
but the world file is essential otherwise the raster will be loaded at
the origin coordinates (0,0) of whatever CRS is being used.