[Qgis-user] Path along a line

Alexander Brazel alexander.brazel at biarri.com
Mon Jun 27 18:37:19 PDT 2022

I'll add my +1 to that; "Service area (from point)" and/or "Service area
(from layer)" are the tools you're looking for.

There is a pretty good step-by-step example available in the qgis
documentation at:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/training_manual/vector_analysis/network_analysis.html#moderate-service-area-from-layer

PS: If you're comfortable using python and are looking for a quick way to
do some network analysis based on OSM data, I'd recommend checking out the
OSMnx package.
Some example notebooks can be found at
https://github.com/gboeing/osmnx-examples

Cheers,
Alexander Brazel
Consultant - (he/him) - biarrinetworks.com

On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 04:19:41 PM EDT, Thayer Young <thayeray at
yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Hi Krishna,
> Chris was correct about 'Service area (from point)' being the tool you
want. I think your problem is that the travel cost is measured in meters
not feet.
> I will add some detail to his answer. First you should set the 'Path type
to calculate' to shortest, and the 'travel cost' to be 304.8. It seems to
use meters as the distance cost unit. Also the output seems to be a little
wonky if the service areas overlap. You may want to select each point
manually and run the tool separately each time.