[Qgis-user] Qgis-user Digest, Vol 193, Issue 16

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 12:25:36 PST 2022

 I would bet the DEM is in "UTM", probably either zone 11N or 12N for northern hemisphere, you can check the linked image to figure out which one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Transverse_Mercator_coordinate_system#/media/File:Utm-zones-USA.svg  Try using the Assign Projection tool under Raster: Projections. Search for something like "UTM 11", and try one or more of those. Less likely would be Idaho State Plane.
-Thayer

    On Saturday, March 5, 2022, 03:00:37 PM EST, qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org <qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 10:10:59 -0700