[Qgis-user] Elevation Profiles

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:38:38 PST 2022

Hi,

This new line is a 3D Line.  This means that every vertex has x,y,z coordinates.  If you want to put that in a field, this is a bit complicated as every vertex has a z dimension.

You could easily use the field calculator to extract the first node or last node z value or could get an average of every z value for the line.  You could also “explode” the line. This would split the line in multiple parts having a maximum of 2 nodes (vertices). Then you could extract the first or last node z value.

Hope this helps.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux