[Qgis-user] Hello, new to QGIS

Ben Siewert ben.siewert86 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:02:03 PST 2022

Hello,

I'm new to QGIS. I'm a web developer and helping a friend with a QGIS
project.

I'm wondering how I can sync a local QGIS desktop project with a QGIS
server.

One thing I'm really confused about is on the QGIS server documentation, I
need the url to point to a file (world.qgs in the docs, link here
<https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/server_manual/getting_started.html#serve-a-project>
).

So my question is:

In order to sync project changes from the Desktop app to the server, do I
need to only connect to the remote Postgres database? Or do I also need to
upload this file and point the url to it?

Or is it possible to only have to sync the database?

Thanks a ton in advance, and I'm pretty impressed with this project!

Ben