[Qgis-user] question about DATE of satellite ESRI and Google basemaps in QuickMapServices Plugin

bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Mar 10 10:50:33 PST 2022

Hi,

I can remember that there was this question a while ago. Though I do not remember the answer.

But my guess is, that in Google Earth e.a. , you are shown the year of the picture, while those in Google Maps e.g. are sometimes different, and there is no way to find out how old they are.

Maybe for the ESRI-stuff you might have more luck using their REST-service to load those images (did this loooong time ago, have no clue anymore)

Cheers,

Bernd