[Qgis-user] QGIS_process not mutli-threaded? or option?

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 05:12:36 PDT 2022

Hi,

I’am not part of any QGIS developers team so take what I say with a grain of salt.  QGIS, when doing nothing, is probably not much multithreaded.  If you start rendering stuff, then, multithreading will, by default, kick in.  You can turn off that option or control the number of cores used in the default setting.  You can also activate openCL. That should accelerate certain algorithms but I don’t know which. It would be nice to have a list if one exists.  Cuda, probably because it is proprietary and hardware limited, will probably not be implemented unless someone makes a plugin that uses it.

 Multithreading will kick in when individuals algorithms are used if they have been programmed that way.  One algorithms or plugin may be multithreaded while another, doing exactly the same thing, may not.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux