[Qgis-user] Watershed - Catchment area upstream of a point

Shinoto, PD Dr. Maria maria.shinoto at zaw.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 8 19:15:15 PST 2022

Hi,

I have used SAGA for hydrological analyses following the instructions in Hans van der Kwast's excellent book on hydroloy in QGIS. It worked well in my Japanese environment, but I forgot about the details.

Still, Hans van der Kwast also showed how to use GRASS for the same purpose. I tried it, it was more hassle than SAGA so I stayed with SAGA. But, maybe it helps you.

There is an instructional video on YouTube:

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTYHpft1gus

If you did not watch his instructions on using SAGA for that purpose, you may watch his YT videos to check whether you did not forget a step inbetween?

Best,
Maria