[Qgis-user] QGIS on Windows 7

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Wed Nov 9 06:43:25 PST 2022

Hi Jurgen,

 > Try installing from OSGeo4W, but include the
api-ms-win-core-path-HACK package. That should make python work on
Windows 7 again (but still only 64bit).

I think most Win 7 users would benefit from simply having a link to
whatever the latest release is that works for Win 7.

Something like 10% of all Windows users are Windows 7 after all -
https://gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide
- By my maths that's about 3 times more (in absolute numbers) than there
are Linux users. So that's a lot of users who can't readily download
QGIS (as it's not clear which one they should be downloading other than
"not the latest").

Thanks,

Jonathan