[Qgis-user] QGIS on Windows 7

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Thu Nov 10 17:00:24 PST 2022

> *Jonathan Moules*
> /Wed Nov 9 06:43:25 PST 2022/
> I think most Win 7 users would benefit from simply having a link to
> whatever the latest release is that works for Win 7.

Hi Jonathan,
you can open a issue report / feature request on the QGIS Website GitHub
repository at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website in order to propose a
possible improvement.

AFAIK the latest all-in-one OSGeo4W standalone installers that install
QGIS with the Python support enabled on Windows 7 (64-bit and 32-bit)
are for QGIS LTR 3.16.16 [1] released on 2022-01-15 and for QGIS 3.18.3
[2] released on 2021-05-15.

As written by Jürgen, it is possible to install the latest QGIS LTR 3.22
and QGIS 3.28 versions, with the Python support enabled, using the
OSGeo4W network installer on Windows 7 64-bit thanks to a special hack
that lets Python 3.9 work on Windows 7 (on which it wouldn't work by
default).

Anyway please also consider that Microsoft dropped the Windows 7 support
some years ago.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea

[1] https://qgis.org/downloads/QGIS-OSGeo4W-3.16.16-1-Setup-x86_64.exe -