[Qgis-user] QGIS-Server How to avoid unique data check in postgis for each session

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 05:18:57 PST 2022

Hi everybody,
My question should be addressed to developers, but I have too many lists,
hope someone reads here too.
For the italian cadastre reference point publication [1]I have a large,
postgis table (~1,7 milions rows across Italy) partitioned over an
attribute list, so the Primary key is on two fields.
The date are published with QGIS server but each time the server receive a
request (GetMap or GetFeatuerinfo) i noticed that QGIS make a qery to check
if the primary key is unique

SELECT count(distinct ("id","field1"))=count(("id","field1")) FROM
"public"."mytable"

that is stated in this line of code:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/1373d2bcfcc26a834d4a21a0a95187b77f64d4cd/src/providers/postgres/qgspostgresprovider.cpp#L2008

This query is quite slow, is there a way to set up the postgis table or
QGIS project to avoid this check?
Thanks

Amedeo Fadini

[1] www.topgeometri.it