[Qgis-user] DXF layer locking

Sebastian Gutwein bas at rdgland.com
Mon Nov 21 11:43:06 PST 2022

Hello,
I was excited to discover recently that you can drag and drop DXF layers
into QGIS.
The layer keeps its reference to the dxf and when the dxf is changed the
layer is updated.
The only problem I have had is that if I have the layer open in QGIS
AutoCAD won't let me save the dxf because it thinks it is open in another
program.
Does  anyone know if there is a workaround?
A way to load the dxf without telling Windows that it is in use?
As a network layer or something?

I did find that if I use QCAD I do not have a problem saving the DXF.
Unfortunately QCAD does not have all the functionality that we need.

Thanks
-Bas

--
Sebastian "Bas* " Gutwein