[Qgis-user] Missing python plugin support on Win7

Antonio Valanzano anvalanz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:29:11 PST 2022

I have reinstalled the sw version 3.22.13-Białowieża using the Express
Install
and I noticed that in the bin folder the patch for Win 7 was named
api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.w7
and that misspelled name caused the problem of the missing python plugin
support.

So I deleted the .w7 extension and now everything is working fine.
I hope this information could be useful to some other Win7 users.

I don't understand the reason for this misspelling during the installation
process and only Jurgen can give an answer.

As *Jonathan Moules* wrote in a previous  thread  "QGIS on Windows 7" "..
Something like 10% of all Windows users are Windows 7 after all -.."
it is also my opinion that the possibility of using the latest versions of
QGIS for Win7 users is relevant and thanks to this patch it is possible.

Antonio Valanzano