[Qgis-user] SRTM problem

Shinoto, PD Dr. Maria maria.shinoto at zaw.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 29 03:32:03 PST 2022

Hi,

I had the same problem, and Nicolas Cadieux helped me with this hint two years ago:

*****
Quote:

It's just the Z factor needed when you make a hillshade when the x an y
are in degrees and the z is in feet or meters (like SRTM). You can see  it if you choose Hillshade under symbology / render type (for a raster  layer).  It's basically the length of a degree in meters for latitude.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/product/imagery/setting-the-z-factor-parameter-correctly/
*****

This helped perfectly.

Best,