[Qgis-user] Problem Noticed with QGIS

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Tue Nov 29 07:17:48 PST 2022

5.0.1

QWT version

6.1.6

QScintilla2 version

2.13.1

OS version

Windows 10

I have the following issue.

As part of our Data verification Processes, we require that our data arrive as Singlepart Geometries.
We run the Check Geometries Tool and it flags the data as Geometry Type Error. So I run the Multipart to Singlepart tool and....well that's where the problem is...

Its two parts...

1.       If I use the option [Create temporary Layer] it produces a Singlepart Geometry as Expected, If I save the output to a File, the resultant geometry is stated as Polygon (MultiPolygon) Its the same for Linestrings also.

2.       When the New "corrected" layer is passed through the Check Geometries Tool, it flags it as a Geometry Type Error, even though I know its fixed, as I can validate it in an external tool.

Now I did find this.. https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/50720 which flags the same issues, but states that its down to the Shapefile Specification.

Is there a work around for this??

Regards,

Richard

--
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

--
Oifig na nOibreacha Poibl?
Office of Public Works

Sr?id Jonathan Swift, Baile ?tha Troim, Co na M?, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
--
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

--