[Qgis-user] SQL Logging in the debugging/development panel - SpatiaLite

Johannes Echterhoff echterhoff at interactive-instruments.de
Tue Oct 11 07:30:00 PDT 2022

Hello,

Today I tried the SQL logging in the debugging/development panel (a feature introduced through QEP https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/242). The database I'm using is a SpatiaLite one. My QGIS version is 3.26.3.

Should the SQL logging in this case also cover addition of features? Reviewing the statement log produced while adding a feature, I could not find any INSERT statement, just a whole range of SELECT statements and two save point related messages. When I add a feature into a PostgreSQL-based layer instead, the log does contain an INSERT statement.

The reason I am asking this question is that I am trying to find a way to debug editing features in a SpatiaLite-based layer. We have had the behavior that upon saving a new feature, it completely vanished, without any error message in QGIS - so I'd like to understand which commands were sent to the SQLite database.

Best regards,
Johannes