[Qgis-user] ogr2ogr doesn't connect to MS SQL Server

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:11:53 PDT 2022

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 09:39, Reetz, Michael (NLPV) via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> it seems that nobody has an idea. I’ve found some tips (some of them
> really old) to install the latest ODBC-Driver from Microsoft or the SQL
> Server Native Client. First is installed, second is not supported in SQL
> Server 2019. Another tip was to rename or delete ogr_MSSPATIAL.dll but this
> dll isn’t installed on my system (obviously not part of the QGIS
> installation package).

To be honest many of us have been bitten by Microsoft randomly changing
things between versions and have given up on MSSQL and moved to PostGIS if
at all possible. However I have had it working in the past so keep trying,
the trick is usually to make sure you have the latest driver and are naming
it in the connection string.

Ian