[Qgis-user] QGIS_process not mutli-threaded? or option?

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:27:46 PDT 2022

"A picture is worth a thousands words"...

I don't have any tips on using more cores from QGIS.

However, My own hack:

  * Install a Postgres/PostGIS database system local on the same
    computer as QGIS.
  * Setup Postgres to use as many cores as you wish. Newer version of
    Postgres is *much better* at multiprocessing.
  * Upload necessary data to the database.
  * Redesign the data processing workflow as table-creating queries in
    Postgres.
  * Use QGIS as a visualisation tool for Postgres data results.

I know, it's not the solution for everybody or any data processing
situation, but it works at lot of the time for me.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Bo Victor Thomsen