[Qgis-user] Using QGIS Server python API from system's default Python

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:34:50 PDT 2022

Probably not the answer you are looking for but I strongly recommend
you to use Linux for development and deployment (a virtual machine
will work just fine): it will make your developer life much easier.

We (https://github.com/g3w-suite/g3w-admin) have a Django-based
application with QGIS API embedded, it works very well and I can
recommend that approach.

Kind regards.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 5:13 AM MA via Qgis-user
<qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm starting to investigate and decide how to manage QGIS server access
> from within a Django project.
>
> The EMBEDDING option looks amazing for this I think but I'm having
> issues (as expected). Tried to make symlinks of python QGIS from OSGEO4W
> to my default /site-packages/ dir and it seems to work, except the PyQt
> part. Tried installing PyQt to same version Qgis uses (using the output
> version mismatch from error messages), but still not, can't start the
> server.
>
> There are common workarounds people uses to circumvent this?
>
> In my case if the option is to move all the framework to inside OSGEO4W
> python then my option will be trying  other approaches like creating
> python plugins for the scheme I need.
>
> So I'm hoping using it the way I described initially is feasible/possible.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rodrigo

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net