[Qgis-user] Intersect vs extractbylocation

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Wed Sep 14 08:18:44 PDT 2022

I have a shape file and a list of points..

Trying to understand what the difference is between intersect vs exteactbylocation .

Extract by location takes NO TIME, under a min on all of my runs, but intersection takes quite a bit of time..  In the end, all I want is what lines in the CSV (packaged as GPKG) are within or are contained within the Shapefile.

[LTI-Full_175px]
Dennis Burgess, Mikrotik Certified Trainer
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, HE IPv6 Sage, Cambium ePMP Certified
Author of "Learn RouterOS- Second Edition"
Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
Office: 314-735-0270  Website: http://www.linktechs.net<http://www.linktechs.net/>
Need to Automate MikroTik Backups:  https://cloud.linktechs.net
Create Wireless Coverage's with www.towercoverage.com