[Qgis-user] Width and Height Attribute not in Meters

Jon jonr at destar.net
Fri Sep 16 10:57:27 PDT 2022

Hello,

After creating a Bounding box layer from my shape file, whether I
iterate and get multiple Bounding Box layers or not use iterate and get
one, is that in my 'Attribute Table' for the 'Bounding boxes' layer
that is produced adds the Width and Height to the Attribute Table but
the numbers inside are not what I expect:

Width		Height
0.0412408	0.0457415

I expect these to be in meters due to changing the Coordinate Reference
System (CRS) to one that has meters at its Units under the properties.
But when changing the CRS I still see the same data. I have checked the
actual distance of the polygons and they are positive numbers, I should
not see decimals.

I change the CRS by clicking the globe in the bottom right of the QGIS
GUI and also by right-clicking the layer and selecting 'Layer CRS' and
setting it there as well, still same issue.