[Qgis-user] Wrong page sizes for printers when running in Citrix environment?

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Mon Sep 19 06:23:55 PDT 2022

Hi list,

we have some trouble with the print dialog showing a completely made-up
list of page sizes (of course missing the important ones to our users),
identical for all our printers, when running QGIS in a Citrix
environment. The same printers work fine and the page sizes are listed
correctly when running QGIS locally on the same client.

This is super weird... I'd expect the list of page sizes to be a matter
of the printer driver but apparently Qt might play into this.

Is this issue known to others? Or there others running QGIS in a Citrix
environment without any issues regarding this? Does QGIS explicitely do
anything to alter the print dialogs? Thanks!

We used the following piece of Python code to easily get a list of the
printers and their page sizes:

    from qgis.PyQt.QtPrintSupport import *
    for printer_name in sorted(QPrinterInfo.availablePrinterNames()):
       print(printer_name)
       printer_info = QPrinterInfo.printerInfo(printer_name)
       page_sizes = sorted([ps.name() for ps in
    printer_info.supportedPageSizes()])
       print(page_sizes)
       print("="*42

Cheers, Hannes

--
Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Schon gewusst?
In unserem Blog geben wir Tipps & Tricks zu Open-Source-GIS-Software
und berichten aus unserem Experten-Alltag:
https://wheregroup.com/blog/

WhereGroup GmbH
Grevenweg 89
20537 Hamburg