[Qgis-user] Opening ECW files in QGIS 3.22, Ubuntu 20

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:25:45 PDT 2022

There is a docker version of GDAL that supports ECW and MrSID formats:
  https://hub.docker.com/r/klokantech/gdal
which you can use to convert images from those proprietary formats to an
open format. An example from my notes that converts from MrSID to GeoTIFF
and also reprojects using the docker image:

docker run -v /data:/dat \
  klokantech/gdal:latest gdalwarp -co "BIGTIFF=YES" -t_srs epsg:3857 \
  -dstnodata "255 255 255" -te -12245045 5198000 -11962321 5475624 \
  -co TILED=YES -co BLOCKXSIZE=512 -co BLOCKYSIZE=512 -co COMPRESS=JPEG -co
JPEG_QUALITY=85 -co PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR \
  /dat/source.sid /dat/output.tif

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:22 AM Rosa Lago via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I cannot open ECW files in QGIS 3.22. My operating system is Ubuntu 20.
> I have searched in the websites about it, but it seems instructions are
> obsolate.
>
> Please, could you help me with this problem give me some hints?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Rosa.
>
> --
> Rosa Lago Aurrekoetxea
> Teknologia Elektronikoa Saila / Dpto. Tecnología Electrónica.
> Bilboko Ingeniaritza Eskola / Escuela de Ingeniería de Bilbao.
> Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea / Universidad del País Vasco.UPV/EHU
>
> Electronic Technology Department
> Faculty of Engineering in Bilbao
> University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU
> Tfnoa: +34946013993

Richard W. Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com