[Qgis-user] New crowdfunding campaign: point clouds and 3D improvements in QGIS

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Mon Sep 26 23:24:51 PDT 2022

Hi Saber,

Very good. Hopefully it will be another successful campaign.

A question on the export of the profile: CSV and DXF is mentioned. Wouldn't
it also make sense to add SVG export, so the profile could be exported to
Inkscape/Illustrator? I know, it is already possible to export a layout to
SVG (and with the new enhancement, the profile can then be part of a
layout), but it would be convenient, being able to export to SVG without
having to create a layout first. Not sure, how much effort this would mean?

I will help to spread the word!

Andreas

On Mon, 26 Sept 2022 at 17:43, Saber Razmjooei via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As you know, in the past couple of years, we (Lutra, North Road and
> https://hobu.co/) added support point clouds and developed several new 3D
> features to QGIS (e.g. Profile tool).
>
> For the next round of crowdfunding, after feedback by several user groups
> and organizations, we decided to bring processing of point clouds to QGIS.
> In addition, there will be several enhancements to the profile tool and 3D
> maps. For more information, see:
> https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/crowdfunding/pointcloud-processing-qgis/
>
> Your help is needed to make this happen. Please support our crowdfunding
> campaign by filling out the pledge form. If you are from a larger
> organisation and require extra information to contribute to the campaign,
> please contact me.
>
> Kind regards
> Saber
>
> --